Tuesday, December 4, 2012

O, Christmas Tree

Before we got married Cody and I found a huge Christmas Tree on KSL for $20.  I was curious to see what it actually looked like, so when December came around I pulled it out of storage and set it up!

The branches were not color coded or number coded so it took a long time and a lot of work to get the tree together, but it turned out to be a pretty nice tree, for what we paid for it.  It leans to one side, but for $20 I think I can overlook that.

I have never put lights on a tree before, so I left that up to Cody.  We used all the lights we had in storage and it only covered the bottom 1/3 of the tree.  We went to Walmart and bought a strand of 200 lights.  That covered the second 1/3 of the tree, so we had to go back to Walmart, again and buy another strand.  That strand covered the top 1/3 of the tree, and then some.

I love having my own Christmas tree, in my own house!

1 comment:

  1. Me too! But once Christmas is over, its nice to take it down...

    ReplyDelete