Friday, October 21, 2011

A Real Halloween Scare


I don't know what it is about carving pumpkins that i enjoy, but i do enjoy it. Maybe it is because it is a holiday tradition, and i love holidays and traditions. Whatever the reason, i thoroughly enjoy it.

Every year that i have been here in Utah i have carved pumpkins with my old roommate Tara Balle Sweeney, and so naturally, i wanted to carve pumpkins with her again this year. And as always, it was a success.

Cowboy and I found orange and black Halloween tortilla chips at wallmart, and me being me, i had to have them. So we made super nachos for dinner, with halloween chips ;)


Looks a little gross, but it was delicious.

While cutting the lettuce for our nachos, i turned around to talk to Cowboy, and cut my finger. Nothing fatal, but it wasn't a tiny cut. After cleaning and bandaging it, i felt a little light headed, but thought it would go away. That's the last thing I remember until i woke up on the couch. Apparently i fainted, almost hitting my head on the stove, but valiant cowboy and his puma like bull riding reflexes caught me. to quote my 12 year old sister, "well at least you got a romantic moment out of it." Just too bad i missed it.

(P.S. Its little in size, but deeper than it looks.)

Right after dinner we got started on our pumpkins.


I lost my top-of-pumpkin-cutting privilege because of my earlier display of knife control, so cowboy did mine.

Tara took a break to show cowboy every embarrassing picture of me she could dig up, because, as she says, "that is what happens when you bring a boy home to meet mommy."

The final products

Even better with candles



.Ramzi

No comments:

Post a Comment