Saturday, February 16, 2013

Well, that certainly is ironic

The other day I was talking with my sister-in-law and we got to talking about Valentines Day. 

 I mentioned how every year in high school I managed to land myself in the Emergency Room.  Different reasons, but none-the-less every year i found myself in the E.R on Cupid's birthday. 

That particular trend ended in high school, and of course by telling her so i jinxed myself. 

This February 14th I woke up with a stomach ache, which was nothing out of the ordinary so I ignored it.  I made Cody a compleatly heart shaped breakfast in honor of the holiday and went about my day.  The pain escalated quickly and by about noon I found myself once again in the E.R on Valentines day.  (Side note, my adorable, law-abiding grandpa burned rubber skidding through a red light to get me there.) 

Long story short, after several needles, blood samples, tests, a CT scan and a HIDA scan the doctor may have finally found the cause of the past 11 years of pain, feeling crappy, and getting sick whenever i ate.

Apparently a healthy gallbladder has an ejection rate of 40% or higher and a normal gallbladder 35-40%.  My gallbladder has an ejection rate of...12%

As soon as i can get a surgery date they'll take my gallbladder out, and hopefully fix years of pain and getting sick whenever i eat.  Just hoping for the best. 


As a party favor from my fun day in the E.R, they sent me home with a picture of the inside of my stomach! Those with a weak stomach don't scroll down, those who are curious...keep scrolling.... 


..........

.........

........

.......

......

.....

....

...

..

.   




    

What the inside of my stomach looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment