Sunday, December 8, 2013

The True Meaning of The Season

The other day my husband went outside to shovel the snow off of our driveway.  Dinner had been ready for a while and I waited patiently for him to return, but it seemed like he should be done by now, and so I went outside to check on him and see what was taking so long. 

Our neighbor is an elderly lady who lives by herself.  We don't her story or if she has any family near by, but we do know she lives alone. My sweet sweet, wonderful husband, after finishing our driveway, noticed hers was still covered in feet of untouched snow.  Being the wonderful, generous, service oriented man he is, he went over there and shoveled her snow. 

She will never know it was him, he will never be given praise or thanks for his caring act of kindness, but he did it anyways.  This, is the true love of Christ.  This is what Christmas is all about.  This is why we celebrate.

I love my husband more than words can explain, and ever single day he reminds me of why I fell in love with him.  This is the man I want helping me through life, this is the man I want raising my children and setting an example for them.   

1 comment: