Monday, April 7, 2014

New Beginnings

This past November my husband and I took a big leap and bought ourselves an acre of land in Grantsville UT.  We then found a builder and by January our brand new house was under weigh. 


 5 months later, the house is done, we are both graduating from our Universities this month, and in the process of moving our entire life to a brand new place where we know no one.  It's a little scary, but mostly just exciting!  I see this move as a new beginning for us.  The start of the next stage of our lives.  I am just so excited to see what this next stage brigs us! 

We have such big plans for our property and house, and I can't wait to get started on it!  For the next few weeks we will continue to live between two houses, which has been and will continue to be a huge pain.  It has been interesting however, trying to group all our possessions into categories based on" essentials", "nice to haves", and "did even know we hads" when deciding what stays here and what goes there.

    Designing the house I have to admit was very daunting.  I kept imaging coming home to the final house and being distraught to see my cabinets, countertops, floors and wall colors looking absolute horrid next to one another.  Luckily for me, everything came together pretty well and I can not wait to turn my beautiful house, into a beautiful home! 

The whole house was built in 3 painfully slow months.  It was so exciting to drive up to Grantsville on a day off and see the progress as the house came together.  Now the next step is putting in a yard, a fence, a vegetable garden, planting flowers, putting up a porch rail, building a barn and correls, buying horses, buying chickens..etc.. you get the picture ;)

I don't have any pictures of the final house after closing yet, but the end pictures here pretty much show what it looks like. 















 
My laundry room / Mudroom. I love it!



Two sinks in the master bathroom. I can't wait to brush my teeth at my own sink and not have to try to share one sink. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment