Saturday, April 12, 2014

First Load

This weekend my brother Taylor and I drove up to Grantsville to get the key and take the first load of boxes.  We also had the fridge delivered, which I never though is something that would get me this excited.  Funny how life changes.  I still remember when we got new couches as a kid and my mom was just so excited.  I specifically remember thinking, how is this at all exciting? I guess some things just change without you realizing it.

It was really exciting to start moving things in and getting stuff put away.

When we got there my realtor Barb Wittwer, who lives in Grantsville had left a large birdhouse she had special made for us on our porch.  Later on she stopped by to bring us flowers and some snacks to snack on during the move.

 I love how caring and helpful the people in Grantsville have been towards us already.  One neighbor offered to drive the hour and 45 minute drive to Provo to grab a load and drive another hour and 45 minutes back to Grantsville to help us move, and another neighbor made a special trip over to tell us that during a wind storm that week they saw a few shingles blow off our roof.  I can't wait to move there.  I already know my neighbors in Grantsville better than my neighbors in Provo where I have lived for 2 years.

 

 Here is a better picture of cabinets, without the cleaning guy and his mess in the way.  I think the kitchen turned out pretty well. I especially love that huge walk in pantry.


 And the fridge.  Biggest fridge I have ever seen, it barely fits in the kitchen.  The Icemaker is LED and has child lock.  I never thought I could be so excited about a fridge.


     

1 comment:

  1. Thats the kind of fridge I want, with the freezer beside the fridge. You will have to let me know how you like it once you get some use out of it. Also, I totally relate to the change. I was SO excited about the steam mop I got for Christmas a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete