Sunday, July 24, 2011

First steps...

Tonight i made my first real dinner! An actual full course, well balanced, delicious meal for more than two. This might not be an accomplishment for most, but for I, who have a bad rep in my family for a lack of culinary skill, this is big! And I am proud! After church i made Sweet and sour chicken and stir fry with rice, and peanut butter brownies for dessert. I cooked for my family, and even coaxed my grandparents to come. I can't eat food for another couple of days so i didn't taste the food, but i am told "it was quite exquisite." (To quote Mckenzie.)



After dinner my grandma asked me, "You cooked all day, in your high heels?" Hahaha, no, not even close.


Here is the sweet and sour chicken and vegetable stir fry. Apparently vegetables loose a lot of nutrients when you cook them, but cold veggies just wouldn't have been the same. And i made the sweet and sour sauce myself, so its way healthier ;)


My sweet grandparents and Yez <3




My sister and brother... in law..


It was very sad to make this whole dinner for my family, and then have to watch them eat it, but we had to squish to make seven people fit at my small kitchen table, so it worked out nicely that i couldn't eat.



I made delicious peanut-butter brownies and Tay bought super patriotic sugar cookies. I asked for moose tracks ice cream and tay came home with Extreme Moose Tracks (since i am that awesome, he said.) and mint chocolate chip, my two favorite ice-creams. And i couldn't even nibble a tiny piece of any of it. ;(. Times like these when i miss food.



We played charades after dinner, Yez was super into it, tay not so much, grandma refused to play.
The category was movies. Grandpa got "a series of unfortunate events," which he proceeded to act out by pretending to pick his nose and eat his buggers, he did a series of these motions...thus a series...of unfortunate events;) Got to give him credit for creativity.

Mom wrote "Princess Bride" as her title, however the spelling was just a tad off. She is the good speller in our family, just by the way.

Grandpa really struggled with this movie title. He claimed it was because he had never the seen the movie, so Yez offered her advice. To which my grandpa responded, "I don't know how to act like one of those kind of men."
We were all completely baffled as to the title of this movie, until Yez muttered "ARGGGH!" ... And i guessed...
Pirates of the Caribbean? Needles to say, (but i will say it anyways ;)) i won that game of charades.

Yez wanted to play another round of charades, but when the idea was shot down she began drawing on Brother's foot. Creative child this one.


Yes, that says I <3 McKenzie, Cool Beans, followed by a cow.



Yez got bored quickly and wanted to draw faces on Brother's toes, which concerned him greatly because he feared the women at BYU wouldn't find it as cute as we all did. Drawing the five little piggies was another suggestion, and again, was turned down.

Despite his objections, Yez was determined to draw faces on all his toes...
..And Brother was determined to not have faces on his toes...

She put up a good fight, but in the end...

She resorted to drawing faces on her own toes.


Yez tried on a pair of VERY tall, but VERY pretty high heels..

And then she modeled them for us. Baby's first steps..in heels.

Yez told me to put my hands on my head...and so i did. ... ?

All in all it was a very fun, and I'd say successful evening. I took my first step in cooking, and Yez took her first step in heels. :)

.Ramzi

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh until I cry.
    You are the apple of my eye.
    My spelling is usually great!
    Until of late...................

    ReplyDelete